RiverView Health offers transitional care for patients recovering from an illness or injury. Transitional care might be right for you if you're hospitalized and no longer need inpatient care—but aren't yet ready to move back home.
What's Transitional Care?
Talk to your doctor about transitional care, also known as swing bed services. Swing beds provide you or a loved one a short-term step between hospital care and home.
Rely on our transitional care if you need:
- Rehabilitation services after a stroke, heart attack, injury, or illness
- Care following hip or knee replacement
- Physical, occupational, or speech-language therapy to help you regain mobility and communication skills and perform everyday activities
- Respiratory therapy to help you breathe better
- Medication management for IV antibiotics or IV pain medication
- Wound or ostomy care
Your care team will work with you and your family to develop a personal care plan to address your physical, mental, and social needs. We will help you reach your recovery and treatment goals and return to your independent life. We'll encourage you to dress and perform daily self-care activities to improve your independence.
You'll receive compassionate care from a dedicated team that may include:
- Rehabilitation therapists
- Social workers
- Case managers
Your condition will determine how long you need transitional care. Your care team will partner with you to oversee your therapy and track your progress. We will hold a family care conference to talk with you, your family, and your care team about the best options for you after leaving transitional care.
Contact the Case Management Team at 218.281.9300.