Visitor Restrictions Eased at RiverView
Hospital news | Thursday, April 29, 2021
As COVID-19 restrictions ease around the state, RiverView Health has determined it is time to allow additional visitors with each patient for added support in the hospital, outpatient and clinics settings.
“While ensuring patients are cared for in a safe and healthy environment is our highest priority, we also recognize that being alone for hospital stays and some clinic appointments can be difficult, so we are working to balance both,’’ stated Dr. Bosun Fashoro, Internal Medicine, regarding the new guidelines that begin today, Thursday, April 29.
The revised visitor policy includes the following:
- Visiting hours are from 8 am to 8 pm daily.
- Each patient is allowed up to two visitors or support persons at a time. Visitors may rotate.
- Obstetrics (OB) patient visitors can include the newborn’s immediate family (parents and siblings) and up to two additional visitors (reviewed on a case-by-case basis with each patient and their OB care team).
- Visitor restrictions for patients in isolation for COVID-19 will remain the same with no visitors due to potential exposure risk.
- For patients at end-of-life, an individualized visitation plan will be made in coordination with the care team.
- Clinic Visits and Outpatient Appointments
- Each patient is allowed up to two visitors.
- Screening and Masking
- Visitors will be screened following current guidelines and must wear a mask at all times when in the facility. Visitors will be provided a surgical mask to wear (preferred), or may wear their own cloth mask.
If you have questions regarding the new policy, please call 218.281.9200.