Area Students Invited to RiverView’s Free Scrubs Camp Aug. 9-11
Are you going to be a junior or senior in high school in 2022-23 and thinking about a healthcare career? If so, sign up today to participate in RiverView Health’s free Scrubs Camp to learn more about the medical field.
Scrubs Camp offers an opportunity for students to experience first-hand the challenges, opportunities, and rewards of working in healthcare. Participants will learn about the skills and education required to become a healthcare professional.
Scrubs Camp offers:
- Information on specific careers
- A look at different types of health careers
- Information on how to prepare for a healthcare career
- Help deciding what field to go into
- Opportunity to meet others with similar interests
- Chance to make contacts for the future
- An “edge’’ when applying for jobs, schools, or volunteer activities
- Hands-on experience
- Exposure to the hospital environment
Many opportunities await healthcare professionals. According to a survey by the American Hospital Association, there will be a shortage of up to 3.2 million healthcare workers by 2026. You can help fill that void and enjoy a rewarding career at the same time.
The camp will be held Aug. 9-11, 9 am-4 pm, at RiverView Health, Crookston. Click here to register for the free camp. Registrations must be received by June 17. Send registrations to Stacey Bruggeman, RiverView Health, 323 South Minnesota Street, Crookston, MN 56716. For more information, contact Bruggeman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 281.9440.