There are no scholarship applications open at this time. Check back for future opportunities.
The following scholarship application period closed on Nov. 21, 2022.
The RiverView Foundation is pleased to support area students in their desire to further their education in healthcare and create opportunities for career advancement.
Roger and Lois Samuelson Family Scholarship
Roger and the late Lois Samuelson have been life-long farmers in the Crookston area. They have one daughter and one granddaughter. Sadly, Lois passed away in September 2021. Over the years, she was very involved in the family farm, the South Lowell Homemakers, and bowling leagues. She was also a member of the American Legion and VFW Lady’s Auxiliary.
It’s because of the excellent care Lois received as a patient at RiverView Health and as a resident at the Benedictine Living Center that Roger decided to create the scholarship.
“We would like to help students pursue a career in healthcare,’’ he shared. “…We believe some students need a little help to further their education.’’
- Applicants must be a high school graduate from Crookston, Climax or Fisher, pursuing a post secondary education in a healthcare field.
- This scholarship will be available annually as long as sufficient funding is available.
- Applicant must be a high school graduate who is enrolled AND is pursuing a degree in a healthcare field.
- A stipend of up to $1,500 will be awarded to each scholarship recipient. The check will be mailed directly to the institution of recipient’s choice. Recipient will receive the stipend through the financial aid office of that institution. It is to be applied toward the cost of tuition or related educational expenses.
- Recipient may re-apply annually.
- Financial need may be considered in awarding the scholarship, but is not an eligibility requirement.
- An application form is available here or through the RiverView Foundation Office. You may call Foundation Director Randy Schoenborn at 281-9249, e-mail email@example.com, or stop at the Foundation Office to obtain this form.
- To submit an application, please complete all information requested on the form.
- Applicant must meet eligibility requirements.
- Submit completed application form, a copy of your current transcript, your resume and two (one page) letters of recommendation by noon on November 21, 2022. You will be contacted if more information is needed.
Awarding of the scholarship
- A Scholarship Review Committee will review and evaluate scholarship applications.
- Successful candidates will be judged on personal attributes, aspirations, quality of character, as well as demonstrated commitment to his/her healthcare field of study. Applicants are encouraged to submit a well-managed and detailed application.
- Scholarship award check will be issued prior to starting date of applicant’s next school term. (Issue date to be arranged between Foundation Office and recipient.)
Download the Roger and Lois Samuelson Family Scholarship application.