The RiverView Foundation is pleased to support area students in their desire to further their education in healthcare and create opportunities for career advancement.
RiverView Recovery Center is honored to provide this regional health care scholarship program established by the Glenmore Foundation Board in an effort to provide advanced training for professional development serving the therapeutic needs of individuals and families suffering from the disease of addiction and for those students seeking a degree and/or licensure in the field of addiction studies, addiction counseling, co-occurring disorder treatment or mental/chemical health fields. Preference will be given to candidates intending to work in the NW Minnesota region.
- This scholarship will be available annually as long as sufficient funding is available.
- Applicant must be a high school graduate.
- A stipend of up to $2500 will be awarded to each scholarship recipient. The check will be mailed directly to the institution of recipient’s choice. The recipient will receive the stipend through the financial aids office of that institution. It is to be applied toward the cost of tuition or related educational expenses.
- Recipient may re-apply annually.
- An application form is available through RiverView Foundation Office and online at www.riverviewhealth.org. You may call (218) 281-9249, or email email@example.com, or stop at the Foundation Office to obtain this form.
- Applicant must meet eligibility requirements.
- Submit completed application form, a copy of your resume and two (one-page) letters of recommendation by noon, October 1, 2021. You will be contacted if more information is needed.
Awarding of the Scholarship:
- A Scholarship Review Committee will review and evaluate scholarship applications.
- Successful candidates will be judged on personal attributes, aspirations, quality of character, as well as demonstrated commitment to his/her addiction field of study. Applicants are encouraged to submit a well-managed and detailed application.
- Scholarship award check will be issued prior to the starting date of the applicant’s next school term. (Issue date to be arranged between Foundation Office and recipient.)